Natural Wine Definition
According to latest edition of the Oxford Companion to Wine:
- Grapes are typically grown by small-scale, independent producers
- Grapes are hand-picked from sustainable, organic,or biodynamic vineyards.
- Wine is fermented with no added yeast(ie.native yeasts).
- No additives are included in fermentation(yeast nutrients, etc)
- Little or no sulphites added.
The Charmat method also called Metodo Italiano of producing sparkling wines is often used in crafting Prosecco. This method forces the second fermentation to happen in a large stainless steel tank prior to bottling, rather than in the bottle like the traditional method. This is one of the two methods we use to produce our Sparkling wines. Try both whats the worst that could happen? I suppose you may get Kicked out of the Country Club
The Traditional method creates the effervescence in the wine through a secondary fermentation in the bottle opposed to in a tank. This process is used for the production of Champagne and our elegant Metodo Classico Sparkling Ricco Bambino Wine.
Our Ricco Bambino Metodo Classico...the aging on the lees begins...this will last for a period of time up to approx 2-5 years.